Michigan Mobile Marketing
It's an undeniable trend. People of all ages are seemingly addicted to their phones.
- How are you leveraging this trend in your marketing efforts?
- Are sending targeted, text messages to clients & prospects?
- Are you connecting your offline marketing efforts with your online efforts by utilizing QR codes?
- If you are a brick-and-mortar establishment, are you leveraging location-based marketing opportunities like Foursquare?
With the existence of millions of U.S mobile subscribers, marketers can now reach nearly all US consumers with targeted mass marketing. Across all ages, 69% of all users use SMS (text) messaging, with SMS usage at 84% amongst youth ages 13-34, and as high as 64% among adults ages 35-64.
Mobile Internet use has also become mainstream, with usage approaching 30% across all ages and phone types, and 40% for ages 13-34. More than 88% of all active handsets in the U.S are enabled for SMS, and 64% are enabled with browsers to access the Internet. It is becoming vital to have a mobile website.
Here are some additional startling statistics with respect to mobile devices:
- 95% of all text messages are read — much, much higher than email
- On average, text messages are read within 4 minutes — compared to average of 48 hours for email
- The growth rate of the iPhone is 10 times faster than the growth rate of AOL was
- In 2012, shipments of smart phones will exceed the shipments of PC's
In the last twelve months, customers around the world have ordered more than US $1 billion of products from Amazon using a mobile device," – Jeff Bezos, founder and CEO of Amazon.com (July 2010).